Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Nate's Birthday Cake

I love to bake but since I had the boys, it seems like I never have enough time to do it. This year for Nate's 4th birthday, I decided to attempt making him a Thomas the Tank Engine cake. I looked up some ideas on the internet, ordered a few pieces off of ebay, and did it! Here are some pictures:


My first attempt at decorating a cake. It was lots of fun!

Next time, I will not use the icing recipe that I used for this one. I tried a whipped cream icing and it was very runny and slick. The color was also more of a yellowish, instead of the white I was expecting. I used a food color spray to make the grass and the pond.



Nate was so happy with his cake! He stared at it for a long time, as if he could not believe I actually made that with my own hands. It was very cute. The cake itself, was very yummy. The filling was a whipped chocolate icing. I think that was my favorite part.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good Job Sara! The most important part was that Nate loved it! Can you believe our baby boys are 4years old?

Jason&Linze said...

It looks yummy! I love cake!