Wednesday, March 11, 2009

15 Random Facts About Nate

My last blog listed 15 random facts about Andrew, my oldest...

Now it's Nate's turn:
  1. I had given up on getting pregnant when we conceived Nate.
  2. Nate's whole name is Nathaniel Cooper Jones. We got "Cooper" from Matt's former car- a little, red Mini Cooper.
  3. Nate was not an easy baby. He cried a lot! A very vocal little guy.
  4. Nate is still very vocal.
  5. He is small in stature but big in attitude, strength, and gumption.
  6. When he started walking, he was the same height as most of the bottoms of our window sills. He chewed the plaster off the edges of the window sills.
  7. Nate is such an affectionate kid. He gives me kisses and hugs all the time.
  8. He is very independent. Independent to a fault, often times. He does NOT like help doing anything and gets angry if someone offers to help him. He also gets extremely frustrated if he can't do something on his own. He gets this from his Mommy, by the way.
  9. Nathaniel ate 'possum poop when he was about a year and a half. He found it in the back yard and put it in his mouth. I found him making a funny face, chewing on what I initially thought was mud. I called Poison Control and our doctor. He was fine.
  10. He loves to be tickled.
  11. Nate has always been a little snuggler. I love it!
  12. He ought to be in gymnastics... he's very agile and has great body control. He refuses to take gymnastics, though. I hope he changes his mind some day.
  13. My little 4-year old has sparkly eyes and it's easy to see when he is doing something naughty because of those little sparkles.
  14. This must be some mutant gene which has skipped a few generations, but he loves to clean! Even when he was a baby, he would get obsessed by a wayward fishie cracker if one happened to fall from his highchair tray. His favorite item is his vacuum cleaner and he loves to point out cleaning products on commercials and announce that he is going to get that when he "gets bigger".
  15. Nathaniel tries so hard to be big like his big "Bubba". He likes to "read" and "spell" things for us. Everything is spelled: mptyanpte (or some variation of those letters).
I thank You so much for this little guy, Lord. I didn't think we'd ever be blessed with another child and now I know You were waiting for this special boy to be a part of our family. He wasn't easy... still isn't... but all the things that make him difficult are also the things that make him so lovable. I love his snuggles, hugs, and kisses. Thank You for giving me someone who loves affection as much as I do.

Take his independent spirit and his quick temper and bring them under Your control. Teach him to yeild to You and to learn early to rely on You. At the same time, I know You made him with these unique characteristics for a purpose. Please use him for Your purpose, use his independent, feisty spirit for Your glory.

I love my little Nator-Gator.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love it Sara what a great insight to his little personality.