Saturday, March 7, 2009

15 Random Facts About Andrew

I stole this idea from my friend, Sarah. She has written one of these for each of her kids (at least I think... she has been blessed with a lot of kids). :D

1. Andrew was an easy baby: He cried only when he needed to. He slept through the night at eight weeks old.

2. He never crawled. From day one, he wanted to walk. He started walking at 9 months and when he fell, he'd only fall forward... like a tree. He had lots of bumps on his forehead.

3. Andrew thinks. His brain is always mulling over something and he has a tendency to get obsessed with what he is thinking about until he satisfies his curiosity or solves his problem.

4. It seemed he would never learn to talk. When he finally did start talking at almost three, he spoke in sentences and has not stopped talking since.

5. Andrew loves science and anything science-related.

6. His room is a museum. He calls it his museum and even has a sign (made by his Auntie Sheena) for his museum door. He has fossils, stones of all kinds, plant life, Egyptian artifacts, arrowheads, coins and paper currency from lots of different countries, shells, and much more in his museum. If you visit our house, you are sure to get a guided tour.

7. My guy is a great reader!

8. His little brother calls him "Bubba".

9. Andrew hates getting his hair cut.

10. He doesn't know how to ride a bike and has no interest in learning.

11. By some fluke, Andrew is a big guy! He's the second tallest in his class and people usually think he is at least a year older than he is.

12. Though he is super smart, Andrew is a little absent-minded and spacey. It's usually funny but can also be frustrating!

13. Andrew has an amazing memory! He remembers things he sees, hears, reads, and does. He even recognizes songs that he's only heard once or twice. Unlike his Mommy, he is very observant.

14. He eats a lot.

15. Andrew has a mature sense of humor. He says witty things that often catch me off-guard and make me laugh.

I love my Andrew. I love his kind and gentle spirit. In so many ways, he is like his Daddy. In some ways, he is like me. In a few ways, he is like his name-sake... Uncle Andrew. In every other way, he is like nobody else I know.

I pray he will grow to love and know the Lord. I pray my thinker will evaluate God's Word and find it to be the Truth. It's my prayer that his kind and gentle spirit will show God's love to those around him. I thank God for his health and that he is a part of our family. My Andrew is a special guy... a little quirky but amazing! Lord, please use these traits for Your glory.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love it Sara. I have really been enjoying sitting down and writting about each of my kids. It really make me apperciate their diffrence that at most times can be fustrating when they are all meshed together.
I love that he has no desire to ride his bike, I would never know that about him being a 7 year old boy.

Jason&Linze said...

he is a lot like my oldest, Kaden. Always thinking, trying to understand and figure everything out, yet spacey and has the hardest time remembering people's names?
This is a cute idea :)