Saturday, October 24, 2009

Random Ramblings

Confession

OK... I admit it... I lied about posting the rest of my family tree blog the "next day". The thing is, I'm still doing my research and my family tree is probably not interesting to anyone else but me. I'm sure I'll blog about the subject again, but I've got to get my mind organized first. It's amazing how many branches diverge off of one tree trunk... I can hardly keep track of who is who in my family anymore.

My Cat

We got our kitten a few weeks ago. She is adorable! She is also, I'm noticing, a bit mentally-challenged. The first time she saw herself in our full-length mirror and attacked the "other cat" in the reflection was cute and funny. Well, she is still attacking herself. And by "attack", I mean full-on, high-speed, battering-ram, flying into the mirror cat-fight! It's still funny. It's not so cute anymore. I worry she is going to shatter the mirror with her head!

She can also be found chasing her tail... while trying to balance on the top of a chair back. This usually results in a nasty spill. She has fallen into the water-filled bathtub a few times, much to the boys' delight. She likes to lick. She especially likes to lick my legs after I go for a long, sweaty run.

Speaking of Run

I went for a great run today! I went longer than I had planned but it was worth it. I discovered some new trails and the weather couldn't have been better. My heel has been bothering me (I have a bone spur in my heel) but I've decided that I might as well get used to it. I've had physical therapy and a cortisone shot and neither has completely taken away the pain. It's sort of a trade-off... my heel hurts when I run but the rest of me hurts when I don't. So, I guess I'll run.

Virtually Me

I love Facebook. Where else can you become "friends" with people who hardly gave you the time of day in high school? Where else can you connect with people who actually live only a few doors down from you? For a phone-hating, verbally-challenged individual like me, Facebook is a social paradise. If only I could include my Facebook life on my job resumes! Who wouldn't want to hire someone with the following qualifications?

  • Voted "Nicest Person" -by people who don't really know me- several days in a row
  • Successful farm owner who took a small, four-plot farm and turned it into a thriving business worth millions of "coins"
  • Winner of numerous Bake-Offs in the town of YoVille
  • Supporter of and participant in several worthy committees, such as "We Hate the New Facebook Home Page", "Six Degrees of Separation", and "I Don't Care How Comfortable Crocs are, You Look Like a Dumbass"

It takes a lot of time to have such a successful Facebook life!

So, yesterday I decided to quit two of my three Facebook farms. I gave away all my Yoville merchandise to a friend and will move out totally once all my cakes have finished baking. I purged myself of my Roller Coaster Kingdom and got rid of my aquarium. And you know what? It felt good! I only have one farm now and it has no crops so all I have to do is water my flowers and I'm free.

Insomnia?

I don't have it. Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Thanks for the add!
I have 2 crazy cats and I think they are all the same!