Sunday, July 11, 2010

Something... and More

Something
OK... I finally decided on a new (and hopefully matching) header for my blog. Now that that's done, I feel obligated to write something. So, here we go...

Something.


Ha ha ha! I crack myself up sometimes! I am my own entertainment.

WOW!
On a serious note, I just have to hand out a kudos for my friend/ fellow blogger, Sarah. I saw Sarah at church today and noticed that something was drastically different about her.

Before I go on, let me explain that I am the most unobservant person I know. Really!
Case in points:
  • I used to work at a bank and had to identify a check forger who cashed a $6,000 check at my teller station. The only thing I could remember about the guy is that he had brown hair. Yes... very helpful.
  • It takes several times for me to see someone before I recognize them. It's embarrassing and makes me feel like an idiot.
  • I can look at my husband as he leaves for work and one minute later could not tell you what he was wearing.
  • My friend, Lois, redecorated her entire living room... complete with new paint color and handmade window treatments. I didn't even notice until she told me!
In short, something has to be really different before I will notice any type of change. Which brings me back to Sarah...

Sarah has always been a beautiful lady, blessed with height and nice bone structure. Today I also noticed that my sweet church friend was skinny! She has never been overly-heavy in my mind but today's Sarah was sporting a fabulous figure. I mentioned how great she looks and she told me she lost 55 pounds. That's right, 55 pounds!

How does someone do that?! I have been trying to lose a measly 10 pounds and it feels like an impossible goal. Sarah is an inspiration! If she can lose that much weight- she has four kids, by the way- then I have no excuse to keep that disgusting extra 10 pounds around my middle.

Sarah, I don't know if you are reading this, but I just want to congratulate you and let you know that you are my inspiration. You inspire to perspire. Keep up the awesome work, beautiful lady, you rock!!

No comments: